Nothing beats the versatility of tacos. Tuck in a few healthy ingredients found in your pantry, and you can enjoy tacos for any occasion, whether that be breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even dessert. Check out one of our favorite breakfast taco recipes below; then download the handout for more inspiration.
Mushroom, Spinach, and Feta Breakfast Tacos with Bruschetta – Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat (or nondairy) milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 six-inch corn tortillas
- 1 cup prepared tomato bruschetta topping
1. In a ten-inch skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
2. Add the mushrooms to the skillet and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until softened, stirring often.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, basil, and pepper and set aside.
4. Add the spinach to skillet and sauté for one minute until wilted.
5. If needed, spray the skillet with cooking spray before adding in the egg mixture. Using a spatula, scramble together the eggs with the veggies. As the eggs set, stir in the feta crumbles, and sauté another minute until the cheese is softened.
6. Assemble the tacos by dividing the egg mixture among tortillas and top with bruschetta topping.
TIP! Warm tortillas in a nonstick eight-inch skillet over high heat by placing them individually on each side for 10 seconds. Or wrap the stack of tortillas in paper towel and microwave on high for 1 minute to warm.
Taco Time in No Time Recipes