- WC Engagement Platform Programs
- Wellness Services
- Planning Assessment
- On-Demand Video
- Who We Serve
November 8, 2021
Healthy Happy Hour: Dips & Mocktails
Written by: Wellness Concepts
Looking for a fresh idea for your holiday spread? Delight your friends and family with these festive recipes. Be sure to download the handout for the full shopping list and mise en place!
Cheers to a healthy and joyous holiday season.
PEA HUMMUS WITH KOMBUCHA MULE
PEA HUMMUS – SERVES 8
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
2 tablespoons tahini
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1. In a food processor or blender, combine the peas, tahini, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Pulse to combine, occasionally scrapping down the sides.
2. While the processor is running, add the olive oil, one tablespoon at a time. Process until desired consistency is reached.
3. When ready to serve, drizzle with additional olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Serve with raw vegetables, whole grain crackers or crostini.
KOMBUCHA MULE – SERVES 1
½ ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
4 ounces ginger-flavored Kombucha (recommend: Health-Ade)
Lime wedge and mint for garnish
1. Fill a copper mule mug or Collins glass with crushed ice. Add the lime juice, then top with the kombucha and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge and mint.
PEA HUMMUS: Per 2 tablespoon serving: Calories 69; Fat 5g; Carbs 4g; Fiber 1g; Protein 2g; Sodium 78mg; Calcium 23mg
KOMBUCHA MULE: Calories 18; Fat 0g; Carbs 4g; Fiber 0g; Protein 0g; Sodium 0mg
YOGURT RANCH DIP WITH NOJITO
YOGURT RANCH DIP – SERVES 8
1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
¾ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon dried dill
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper (or ground black pepper)
Fresh chopped chives, for garnish
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the yogurt with the garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, kosher salt, Worcestershire sauce, and cayenne.
2. Garnish with fresh chives and serve with raw vegetables, whole grain crackers, or pretzels. This dip can also be used as a spread on sandwiches and wraps.
TIP! For added tanginess to your dip, add 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk powder (found in the baking aisle of the grocery store).
NOJITO – SERVES 4
4 limes, cut into wedges
¾ cup simple syrup (see Note)
½ cup packed fresh mint leaves (See Note)
4 cups ice cubes
2 cups sparking water
1. Combine the lime wedges and simple syrup in a pitcher. Add the mint leaves to the pitcher. Using a muddler or a long wooden spoon, gently crush the limes and mint (about 4-5 times). Add the ice cubes and sparkling water. Stir to mix well. Divide among glasses and garnish with lime slices and mint.
TIPS! Prepare simple syrup in advance with equal parts water and sugar (or sweetener such as honey). Bring 1 cup of water to a boil, then stir in 1 cup of sugar, stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to cool at least 30 minutes, then refrigerate until cold, at least 1 hour. Store covered in the refrigerator up to 6 months. Before adding mint leaves to a drink, place the leaves in one hand and give a quick slap with the other hand to release the oils.
YOGURT RANCH DIP: Per 2 tablespoon serving: Calories 20; Fat 0g; Carbs 1g; Fiber 0g; Protein 3g; Sodium 71mg; Calcium 36 mg
NOJITIO: Calories 124; Fat 0g; Carbs 34g; Protein 0g; Sodium 6mg; Calcium 41mg; Potassium 140mg
CANNOLI DIP WITH SPARKING STRAWBERRY ROSÉ
CANNOLI DIP – SERVES 6
1 ½ cups part-skim ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon fresh orange zest (optional)
2-3 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the ricotta cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and Greek yogurt (for a fluffier texture, use an electric whisk or mixer)
2. Mix in the vanilla, cinnamon, and zest (if using) until well combined. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
3. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
SPARKLING STRAWBERRY ROSÉ – SERVES 2
½ cup fresh strawberries, hulled
3 oz simple syrup Seltzer or Club Soda
Pomegranate seeds and fresh strawberry slices, for garnish
1. Muddle the strawberries in a shaker. Add the simple syrup and ½ cup ice. Shake vigorously for 15 seconds. Strain the liquid into champagne flutes and slowly pour in the seltzer to top. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and a fresh strawberry.
CANNOLI DIP Calories 103; Fat 4g; Carbs 12g; Fiber 1g; Protein 5g; Sodium 52mg; Calcium 110mg
SPARKLING STRAWBERRY ROSÉ Calories 52; Fat 0g; Carbs 12g; Fiber 1g; Protein 0g; Sodium 0mg; Vitamin C 21mg
Tag(s): Corporate Wellness Blogs